If you are running a restaurant or other types of food business there are certain responsibilities you have and cleaning your grease trap is surely one of them. As oil and grease starts building up in your plumbing system it can completely block the drainage system making your kitchen dysfunctional. In other cases, they start emitting foul smell in your kitchen and other parts of the facility turning your customers away. Since you are sharing the sewer system with other businesses nearby you have to make your effort to keep it at its optimal efficiency. In worst cases, grease buildup may even start damaging the sewer system and invite strict fines and penalties from your local government.
You can avoid all that by hiring a professional team for grease trap cleaning. While you may have come across several DIY guides on the Internet, it is worth keeping in mind that the job requires expertise and it’s best left to the professionals. Hiring a professional team is easier said than done as there are dozens of such companies all around. Not all of them would offer you the same kind of grease trap cleaning services and hence you need to shop around when it comes to hiring one. Here are some of the things you can keep in mind that would lead you to the best grease trap cleaning company –
- Licensed – The last thing that you’d want is to hire a fly-by-night operator for the job. And the best way to keep them out is to look for a license. When you hire a licensed company you can relax as it is a testimony about their professional expertise.
- Flexible Operations – You may not want to keep your restaurant closed for a day to get the job done. Companies that offer grease trap cleaning understand that and they often operate before or after your operational hours. If you have any specific requirements about when the grease trap maintenance project to be undertaken you need to discuss the same with the company.
- Periodic Services – Does the company have the resources to offer you periodic grease trap maintenance services? Do they offer you more attractive rates for long term contract? This is something you shouldn’t overlook as cleaning your grease trap isn’t a one-time affair but something that you’d need to undertake on a regular basis.
- Eco-Friendly Operations – Grease and oil extracted from your grease trap needs to be disposed in an eco-friendly way. You need to ask questions about how the waste would be disposed when you are negotiating with a company offering grease trap cleaning services. It is a social responsibility you have as a business.
- Supply & Fitting – There are times when some component of your grease trap or the whole system itself may require replacement. The professional team you are choosing for the job should be able to provide you with fittings and other supplies from reputable brands in the market.
Don’t ignore any of these things that we have mentioned as this will help you find the best grease top cleaning company near you.