Before the introduction of the school ERP system, managing pre-and post-exam activities used to be quite a task for faculty members. Time-consuming, tedious, and required a lot of effort.
But the rollout of the exam management system changed things for the better. Online tools played a crucial role in revolutionizing the process of conducting exams. The tasks that used to take days, or weeks, now take only a few hours to complete.
In this blog, we will showcase how your administrators and faculty can handle pre and post-exam activities. Also, manage the schemes, rules, and results.
Educational institutions can conduct exams with the help of a School ERP system. Let’s understand how:
Despite looking easy, these need considerable time, effort, and resources to be fruitful. With a school ERP system, the pre-exam activities can be simplified and streamlined by the following methods:
- Defining the exam rules and schemes
Every educational institution is bound to follow all rules and regulations. The below list details the key parameters that an exam management system can create.
- Academic year/semester: The system can create year-wise as well as semester-wise patterns.
- Academic sessions: Faculty can create different sessions as per the academic year.
- Examination pattern: Using a school ERP software like MyEdu, faculty can define exam patterns, class tests, mid and final exams, and their weightage.
- Schemes: Faculty can create examination schemes for different semesters. Such as the summer and winter semesters and many more subjects.
- Faculty: The system can create many fields such as arts, science, pharmacy for different departments.
- Medium: The system can be used for different mediums of teaching, such as English, French, Arabic, Hindi, and others.
- Courses: Faculty can define the educational course such as 11th, 12th, BA, BBA, BCA, MCA, etc.
- Subject-wise grouping: Faculty can use the online exam software to group subjects per semester, course, or academic year. It can be either compulsory or optional papers.
- Student package to manage student-related exam work
Faculty can use an exam management system to create a package that contains all relevant information about their students. Starting from the academic year to exam details.
- Students data entry: The faculty can note all data of students. Their names, personal details, subjects, academic years. Also, other information along with their photographs for their identification.
- Exam seat allotment: An examination management system helps a lot in seating arrangement. Using it, faculty can give unique seat numbers to students.
- Student exam registration: This enables the faculty to add subjects for which students appear in the test.
- Bulk registration of students: Faculty can register students in huge numbers by filtering the academic years, courses, subjects, etc.
- Exam timetable: Faculty can create a detailed exam timetable by noting down the subjects, courses, and dates of exams. The timetable management system incorporated into the school ERP system ensures no clashing of papers.
- Admit card or examination hall ticket: The school ERP system can create the admit card for examination.
- Exam attendance sheet: Faculty can form and print the attendance sheet. This will verify the number of present students in the examination.
- Exam seating arrangement: The faculty can see the number of seats available in every room and plan for the best seating capacity.
- Absentee and malpractice student entry: Using the absentee entry, faculty can mark the absent students. The malpractice entry will bear the names of students involved in malpractices.
The student ERP system helps the faculty in generating the following set of documents and reports to make sure that the exams are smooth:
- Activity scheduler
- Vacant room allocation
- Lists of students per room
- Lists of exams and subjects
- Room allotment list for invigilators
- Hall tickets for students
- Seating arrangement charts
- Student attendance sheet
- Roll List of students
Using the school ERP system, the faculty can identify the total number of students attending the exams. This will help them in assigning different rooms as per the seating capacity.
Post exam activities
These help educators in assessing and analyzing the performance of students.
- Marks entry: Educators can enter students’ marks based on their subjects, courses, or academic years. They can also update the entry if there is a need for any change.
- Direct grade entry: The faculty can update the subjects that need to be graded using the grade entry option. They just have to select the students’ names and add the grades.
- Locking and unlocking of marks: Faculty can lock and unlock mark entry depending on the need. The higher authority or management can access the grades and unlock the system if it needs any modification.
- Results calculation: Faculty can define the exam rules and calculate the marks based on the course. After making the calculations, they can print a tabulation register and analyze and change it as per the requirement.
- Year-end process: It helps educators to transfer the data of failed students to the examination scheme.
To sum up
Managing exam schemes, rules, schedules, and results is a task that is better to automate. An efficient online exam management system saves time and energy for administrators and faculty members. It is prudent to invest in a school ERP system from a reliable service provider who can integrate an efficient online exam management system.
Internal Link – Optialworlds