It goes without saying that birthdays are special. A day that is just about the birthday girl or guy and we know that you when you love them, all you can think about is making it extra special for them. All the presents have their own value and anything that is given after putting in a lot of thought and investing your emotions is always special. But there is something uniquely special about handmade birthday presents, right? The thought that someone has personally taken out time and made efforts to make the day special for you, in itself is enough to give anyone butterflies.
When we talk about handmade gifts, nothing can beat the fun and exciting explosion box. It is a box that pops opens and has tons of pictures in it. This gift is always appreciated and works as a wrapping for another gift like small presents or tasty treats like chocolates if you wish to give them one. Now, making this box may seem complex, but trust us it’s far too easy to be scared. Still not sure? Well, don’t fret as we are here to help you, step by step. So grab all your supplies and let’s make an explosion gift box together, for that special someone who is worth all the efforts!
Before you start making the box, just like a recipe, you must gather all the ingredients or in this case- all the supplies needed and those are:
- Six pastel or card sheets of 12 x 12 size. ( four for box, one for the lid, and the extra one for emergency).
- Lots of extra pastel sheets for decoration (if you have a color theme in mind then select those or you can also for multi-color as that looks super fun).
- Photos of the birthday boy or girl (You can either go for their individual pictures or select the ones you both have taken together).
- A paper cutter
- Whatever you wish to decorate the box with like ribbons, gemstones, tiny flowers, etc. The choice is yours!
Now after gathering everything from the list, let’s get to work!
- The first step is a little tricky and that is to fold the box. For that, take a 12 x 12 sheet and fold flaps at four inches on all sides of the sheet, now you have a paper with nine small squares of 4 x 4 size. Please use a measuring scale to get the measurements precisely or else it can mess up the shape of the box.
- Now, you need to make the corners properly, so now that you have created your squares you just need to bring the corners of all the folded edges together while pinching all the excess sheets into the box while making a triangular shape.
- After you are done, trim the excess paper to give the box a better and clearer shape. Now you are ready with the basic shape and the first layer of your box.
- Now you need to create more layers, you can make as much as you want but remember to trim the sheet a little as every layer should be smaller than the one before to make the box explode. We are going for a four-layer box by decreasing 1.5 inches with every layer, you can decrease as much as you want, just remember to make nine equal squares on each and every sheet to keep the measurements right.
- Now once you are done with all 3 or 4 layers (however many layers you have made), carefully cut the triangles of the inside layers, remember just the inside ones and leave the triangle of the outside layer intact to keep the box in shape. Now, stick the base of the box together to make them whole. Remember stick on the base and nothing else or else it will not open.
- You are left with a plus-like shape and the base of your box is ready, now this part is fun. Go crazy and decorate your box with pictures, papers, stone, whatever and however you want. You can also consider placing your little present in the middle of the box, trust us it would look adorable.
- Now for the last part, to cover the box you need a top, so take another 12 x 12 sheet and cut it into a 7 x 7 square, and fold it neatly on the side, try the lip if it fits and you can change the measurements accordingly. Use a ribbon to wrap the box and you are good to go.
Internal Link – Opticalworlds