People always seek things that are quick and fast but when it comes to health they never compromise, and it’s a must that you should never compromise with your health. Some medicines include high amounts of steroids that are harmful for the human body.
But there are vene some other methods of medication that are completely harmless to the body and have been in existence for a number of decades. Even in the 21st century, they have the ability to heal every disorder and harmful symptoms present in the body.
The two major natural medication methods are homeopathy and ayurveda. Both of them rely on nature’s principle but both are completely different from each other. Many people misunderstood homeopathy and ayurveda. So here is a brief differentiation between the two.
Homeopathy is known to be one of the best alternatives to conventional medicines that was convinced by a German physician Samuel Hahnemann that claims like cures like.
The concept first emerged in the 18th century in Europe that later on covered the United States and all around the globe.
After it became popular worldwide dozens of colleges and universities came into existence. Today also it is considered to be one of the most effective medication methods.
Homeopathy begins with a consultation that can last for 10-15 minutes or can go for an hour in which every minute detail like, dislikes and medical history of the patient is thoroughly verified according to which the symptoms are detected and the appropriate treatment is provided.
The homeopaths rely on two types of references namely materia medica and repertories. Where materia medica is a collection of drug pictures that is organised alphabetically whereas repertory is a quick reference version of materia medica that indexes the symptoms and then associate the appropriate medicines.
After homeopathic consultation there comes the treatment in which different forms of medicines are given to the patient. They are usually the small white pills in which different dilutions are added which are to be taken two to three times a day. The other forms of medicine are tablets, powders and some liquids. They are less in dosage but work well for chronic as well as acute diseases.
The most ancient method of medication in the world is ayurveda. The origins say that they are traced around 6000 BCE. Some concepts even existed in the Indus Valley Civilization. The medical text of ayurveda first evolved from the Vedas.
It is the pseudoscientific alternative medicine system having historical roots in the Indian subcontinent. The system is heavily practiced in India and Nepal and the therapies have been evolved over more than two millennia.
Ayurveda relies on different components and includes many different therapies including meditation, special diets, massage, yoga, medical oils and enemas. The ayurvedic medicines are prepared from medicinal plants that are easily found in the forest and are usually bitter in taste.
These medicines are found in different forms and are mostly bitter in taste. They are made from the stems of plants, some flowers and seeds that are converted into a powdered form and are also converted into pills and tablets that are taken along with water or milk. Their dosage depends on the type of disease and symptoms that you have.
As the premises of ayurveda are not based on science and confuses reality yet metaphysical concepts it is considered pseudoscientific. Researchers have criticized ayurveda as it lacks scientific soundness.
Apart from all these criticisms, ayurveda spread rapidly throughout the Indian Middle Ages. The practice was not adopted during the period of British colonial rule as they were more favourable towards modern medicines.
But along with the passage of time it started becoming popular among the users due to their positive effects.
Major Differences between Ayurveda and Homeopathy
Both methods are widely popular in the world. Here are some of the major differences that will give you a brief understanding regarding the two.
- The homeopathic medicines are made from the extracts of natural substances obtained from plants, animals and minerals whereas the ayurvedic preparations make use of the plants, leaves and flowers that are to be consumed directly in a powdered form.
- Homeopathy does not include any toxic or addictive substances but ayurveda may include some toxic heavy metals such as lead, arsenic and mercury added in the form of ashes.
- It doesn’t include any harsh or abusive method to cure the symptoms or disorder, while ayurveda follows some practice of yoga, meditation, massage, etc.
- There are no restrictions on diet and working in homeopathy while you need to follow some strict diet charts and even do fasting in certain cases during the treatment of ayurveda.
- The homeopathic pills are sweet in taste, easy to take even without water whereas the ayurvedic medicines are bitter in taste, available in different forms and are taken along with water or milk.
- Homeopathy claims “like cures like” whereas ayurveda relies on different principles and elements that are found in the human body and is composed of fire, water, air, ethar and earth.
- The concept of homeopathy believes in less dosage and higher effects whereas the dosage in ayurveda depends on the type of symptoms and disorders that you have and are suffering from.
- The origins of homeopathy have been found from the 18th century whereas the origins of ayurveda are considered to be developed in the mid-first millennium BCE.
Both are the natural remedy to all your illness distinctly effective to the minor and major symptoms that harm your body.
They don’t include any type of steroid and thus they are not harmful to the human body at all. They are harmless to the body with no side-effects and are considered to be a healthy and safe process to cure the disease.
It can’t be said which one is more effective and which one is less as both follow different principles and algorithms and work differently on every disease. It totally depends on you whichever you like to choose.
Internal Link – Opticalworlds