Wireless technology is no longer just about network access
The next generation of wireless technology will achieve more than just connecting people and machines. The fact of the matter is that 5G, 5G Personal, and Wi-Fi 6 can be beneficial to a current enterprise network by improving coverage, quality of service (QoS), and resilience.
Furthermore, the technology is enabling new applications within the digital realm. Some of these include:
- Integration or convergence of information technology (IT) systems with operational technology (OT) systems for greater productivity;
- The ability to manage multiple network segments through a single interface;
- Work from the office or at home, and as well as on the go with enhanced insight;
- Workplaces where energy is used more productively and in a reasonable manner;
- Optimization of office space and more noteworthy office costs;
- Workplaces with greater security and safety.
These days, wireless technology offers so much more than just a network; it gives you access to power tools, experiences, ideal use of workspaces, instant traffic streams, health, and security.
People Will Have More Bandwidth and About That
Wireless networking will be a major technology in organizations in the future. Based on a 2020 survey of 2,600 business and technology decision-makers from 12 enterprises in Europe, Asia, and North America, 79% believe 5G will fundamentally alter the business landscape, with 57% saying it is “progressive”.
Through 5G networks, smart cities and organizations can make new experiences possible that are enabled by things such as faster connection speeds, a higher data limit, and a lower latency.
While Wi-Fi 6 becomes a wireless connection option, Wi-Fi 6 is growing in popularity. According to new estimates, there are likely to be 628 million Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E hotspots in the world by 2023.
Similarly, wireless is impacted by IoT growth, with the number of IoT-connected devices estimated to reach 30.9 billion worldwide by 2025.
Wireless networks will enable a variety of advanced digital use cases, replacing cloud and edge networking, as well as the Internet of Things (IoT).
A vital role for Cisco service providers
A new report found that 92% of business leaders believe that companies need to use more digital tools and process automation for the working environment to flourish and endure.
Overall, 86% of respondents mentioned complexity in integrating and managing different processes as a barrier.
In addition to Cisco and other partners, network service providers will be able to provide network connectivity, the management of service options, and identity services for upgrading the organization’s cybersecurity.
According to the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA), network service providers are seeing a rise in significant wireless benefits from organizations and the Internet of Things, not from customers. Therefore, the service providers are changing how they design their networks to accommodate the demands of wireless networks.
The determination models for wireless networks are based on use cases
Before choosing between 5G and Wi-Fi 6, organizations must determine applicable use cases. A vehicle on a public street is subject to different prerequisites and restrictions than a vehicle on a college campus. The following is defined:
- The type of IoT gadget used (chip, sensor, tablet, operating system, firmware, etc.)
- Coverage areas (buildings, campuses of large colleges, etc.) and available spectrum.
- Applications used (such as campus-based ERP, cloud services, hybrid cloud);
- It is required to establish a service level agreement (SLA definition) for network reliability (e.g., Five Nine or 99.999%, network availability). Additionally,
- Considerations related to finances (e.g., costs of capital, operating expenses).
What Wi-Fi 6 and 5G can do together to support enterprise use cases
There is a typical establishment for both Wi-Fi 6 and 5G technology. Compared to other generations of wireless technology, they offer better performance, higher capacity, and tighter security. Additionally, it is scalable to support endless IoT devices.
Business Transformation with Wireless Technology
In the age of wireless technologies like Wi-Fi 6 and 5G, the role of networks is changing. We cannot rely on availability alone any longer. We must enable all kinds of gadgets, from experience to work process, traffic, and health.